An opportunity has arisen for an administrative assistant to join the Trust’s busy Information Governance team on a permanent contract. Candidates should have excellent administrative and communication skills and a working knowledge of information governance.
Working with the Trusts Senior Information Governance Manger and Data Protection Officer the successful candidate will be expected to support the delivery of the Trusts information governance program.
The key duties of the role are to; o Support the delivery Trust’s Information Governance agenda and compliance targets, specifically the NHS Information Governance Toolkit and General Data Protection Regulations o Provide advice and guidance (or signpost as needed) on data protection, IT security and other relevant areas o Provide administrative support to the Information Governance team and its related policies, systems, meetings and processes, Support the management and reporting of IG incidents.
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care.
We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.
• Support the delivery of the information governance compliance and legislative requirements
• Support the delivery of and follow up actions of relevant information governance plans or security audits . This will include reviewing and updating the IG action plans for work required in the following week by the post-holder and others in the team. It may be necessary for the post-holder to re-prioritise activities assigned to them for the coming week.
• Support the delivery and auditing of IG training across the Trust. This will include delivery of specialist training to large groups
• Act as a point of contact for any advice and support on request
• Assist in the maintenance of IG related policies & processes • Support the reporting and investigation of IG incidents
• Support IG element of any system/process change within Trust
• Administer internet access requests
• Triage new requests coming in to the IG Team
• Provide administrative support to the IG team
• Administer the IG areas of Trust websites
• Administer the Trusts information asset register