An opportunity has arisen for a highly organised and enthusiastic person to join the Step’s Eating Disorder Service Admin Team. Steps is a highly regarded service both within the trust and externally across the UK and jointly with our inpatient unit,
You need to be motivated to work with this busy team, helping to organise the smooth running of the service alongside your admin colleagues. There are general admin duties and supporting the team leader. You will have contact with the patients on a daily basis so we are particularly looking for someone with excellent people skills who is kind and courteous when dealing with others. You will also help to and be involved in creating reports alongside the Team Manager for external stakeholders in support of Service Development.
Support will be given by the Team and excellent supervision is available.
Taking a lead role in the management of the office. Producing reports and data collecting. Accepting referrals and checking to ensure all the required information is provided. Supporting the team leader in a smooth operation of the department. Supporting the administrative staff in their roles, providing management and supervision.
To provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support to the Team / Service Manager and their department, managing the office efficiently. To be responsible for the maintenance of records and the distribution of relevant information. To use initiative in referring issues to other relevant parties as appropriate, ensuring confidentiality and security of information is maintained at all times.
1. To manage and co-ordinate the office, ensuring that work is organised and that other administrative staff are supervised appropriately.
2. To organise meetings, disciplinary and grievance hearings, conferences and seminars, booking venues, refreshments and speakers as necessary.
3. To prepare agendas for meetings, collate and distribute papers and take and distribute notes and minutes as needed.
4. To accurately record minutes / notes at and provide administrative support for meetings, investigations into complaints and / or staff grievances and disciplinaries.
5. Develop and maintain filing systems, setting up new files and working to ensure that systems are tidy and up to date with materials archived appropriately, and audit trails maintained.
6. To oversee the work of other office staff, allocating duties, prioritising work and ensuring acceptable standards are maintained.
7. To answer the telephone, being the first point of contact for callers to the office and dealing sensitively with enquiries from service users and carers.
8. Receiving callers and visitors to the service, both by telephone and in person, directing people as appropriate.
9. To liaise with other departments and parts of the organisation, following up information and gathering data as needed.
10. Receive, sort and distribute daily post, prioritising information received and ensuring urgent matters are flagged appropriately.
11. Take accurate messages, ensuring they are passed on to the appropriate person in the team.
12. Produce high quality word processed letters, reports and other documents as required.
13. To utilise skills in MS Office to set up spreadsheets and Power Point presentations.
14. To manage the diary of one or more managers ensuring calendars are kept up to date.
15. To sift and prioritise emails on behalf of manager, making judgements and automatically circulating team information.
16. Order stationary and office supplies, maintaining a stock of standard equipment.
17. To maintain financial records, ensuring records are kept of financial commitments and invoices are signed appropriately.
18. To maintain departmental records for operational management purposes, including sickness and annual leave, on-call rotas etc
19. Respond to ad-hoc requests effectively and in good time. Manage multiple tasks whilst allowing for inevitable distractions.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.